Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Princess for a night!

Friday afternoon we left San Cristobal de Las Casas for a return trip to Tuxtla where Ben told me he had a final work meeting with Mario. Ok, whatever I thought, at least I get to hang with Kim and the girls one more time.

Upon our arrival we were greeted by Lilian who put Cinderella stickers on us and led us upstairs. At the top of the stairs, to my surprise, the room was filled with balloons, confetti, birthday signs, and a delicious cake. A birthday surprise for me! I was donned with the traditional Chiapan birthday crown that is typically placed on one's head the night before your birthday to celebrate your upcoming birthday (literal translation - like the crowning of a baby during birth)! We ate a delicious meal prepared by Kim, danced to Hannah Montana, blew out a candle on a scrumptious cake and headed downstairs to take cracks at a Cinderella piñata (which was made from clay – something I didn’t know) stuffed full of dulces (candy).

All in all it was a night fit for a princess! Thanks guys, I feel so loved!

a birthday gift, complete with nose!

my favorite girls in all of Mexico!

4 princesses

taking a hit at Cinderalla

a mad dash for the candy!

delicious birthday cake

Megan entertaining us with her ballet dancing

Freddy Bear misses his brother Ben Bear


No comments: