Monday, February 8, 2010

Finishing Touches

Remember our Rental Remodel #1? When we posted it the first time, it looked like this.

A little bare, but fine for our short rental period.

Well of course since I'm always on the hunt for interesting and unique (ie. cheap) finds, I just couldn't say no when I came across this idea.

Adorable miniature Guatemalan woven baskets, strung together and hung like a wreath. Given the price of just Q2 (about 25 cents) per dozen, I scooped up a ton (and plan to go back for more)! I've got big plans for these babies once they no longer live in the guest bedroom!

Aren't the bright colors just the pop that these Everyday Grey walls needed?


But wait, we're not done yet! While visiting Chiapas, Mexico over the weekend, I shopped until I dropped in San Cristobal de Las Casas for all of 2 hours and picked up another shawl for the end of the bed. Remember how I was fretting about only having 1?

Finally we've got a matched set and I don't have to be embarrassed any more!

Plus if they don't live on the end of my guest beds in future rooms, they will keep me and one lucky friend toasty warm on a cool evening to come.

I can breath easy now, the guest room is complete (enough) for me!



When are you coming for a stay at Casa Lengacher?


PS: I know my obsession with perfection in decor has become utterly ridiculous, but doesn't a girl need something to help pass the time?

No comments: