Sunday, May 15, 2011

Photo Roundup

Let's just say that I know I'm a little more than behind on the blog front lately. So to catch things up quickly, I think a photo round up is called for. Here we go!

After we got back from our weekend in Charleston, the fun continued with a better late than never Royal Wedding celebration, complete with a "make your own fascinator" activity.
And just a couple of days later Ben & I hit up Loco Lime for some Cinco de Mayo festivities with a couple of girls from work and their husbands. How cool is it that my pregnant friends (on the right) are still up for some late night partying? Love them & their little babies too!

Then last weekend we attended a neighborhood pet parade hoping to meet some friendly neighbors.
Mia loved it and so did we, but unfortunately we didn't make any new friends - not one soul. We're pretty convinced that "southern hospitality" doesn't exist.
The rest of the day one of us was lazy....

....while the other two of us worked really hard in the side yard digging up stumps .....


(Note: This photo is from the previous week. I caught Ben trying to bounce some stubborn stumps out of the ground. The photo was taken through the glass - sorry for the poor quality!)

....shoveling dirt & planting a garden!
The make shift garden is a temporary fix. We hope to do some real landscaping in the Fall, but for now it's sooooo much better than it was!

I've also been trying to apply for a $15,000 backyard makeover from Ace Hardware and The Weather Channel, but the stupid site won't let me upload my photo. How the heck can we remedy this situation if we can't even apply? Any advice?

That should just about do it for now. I'll try to be back later this week with the finished garden photos and some other project updates that seem to have been forgotten.

No comments: