Wednesday, September 23, 2009

There's no place like home

Recently I've been feeling nostalgic for home, especially for all of the girlfriends that I left behind. I think most of you ladies out there will agree with me when I say that after college, it's a little more difficult to make good friends. Maybe it's just that we get to know ourselves better and therefore we know what we want from our friendships better than we did before?

Whatever it is, for a while after finishing graduate school, getting married and moving to the city, I found myself often feeling a little lonely. I had no problem making friends once I met people, but for me it was the act of meeting them that was the tricky part. Little by little, I have developed some great relationships though, whether I simply met them at work or by way of someone else.

When you live far away from your family like we have for quite a while, your friends become a second kind of family. They make "home" feel more homey and become the people you can turn to for whatever, whenever. Whether it's going out for a night on the town or just for a walk to the local ice cream shop, it's nice knowing having people in your life that you can let your hair down with, laugh with, cry with, dream with - all while wearing your frumpiest sweats (or your sassiest dress)!

Being away from my go-to girls for the better part of this year, I have come to realize exactly what it is about each one of my girlfriends that fills that special part of me. I love each and every one of these girls for very different reasons because each one of them connects to a specific part of my personality. Each one warms my spirit with her very own flavor!









Thanks for your loveliness friends. I miss you all dearly.

(And please, please, pretty please, if I didn't post your face here, don't think I don't love you too! I'm working with limited resources here and had to go scrounging around on Facebook to get these photos!)

1 comment:

Grant Self Storage said...

Thanks for the shout out! We miss you too, mucho mucho! I agree it is tough to find good friends and I count you as one too! Sorry I haven't kept in touch much, but I love your comments on our blog! Thanks! I will try to write more on yours (but I have been neglecting my blog reading reciently!). I am also using H's facebook now, so you can find me there!- Nicole