Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Simply Beautiful

A long long time ago I said that I was going to appreciate the beauty of Antigua more often on this blog, but then never much about it. In my biased opinion I think that most of the images that I post are beautiful for the scenery or colorfulness of the culture, but sometimes I forget that even simple things can be beautiful too. Not every image needs to include a colorful guipil or smoking volcano...although they are pretty impressive!

To honor all that is simple and beautiful, but often overlooked, I'm going to start a new feature on From Colfax to Xela: Simply Beautiful. Now, I'm not going to make any bold statements like that I'll post a new image each week (although that's the idea) because you all saw how we pooped out on our Must Have Lusts, but I'll do my best to share my idea of everyday things that are simple yet beautiful every so often.

Without futher adieu, Simply Beautiful image #1. My neighbor's window.


I walk by it at least 3 or 4 times a day and often don't look twice at it because I'm too busy rushing into my own house to avoid her barking dog, but that window really is stunning when the light shines through just so.

I'm gonna miss that window when we're gone. Not the neighbor so much, but her window for sure.

No comments: