Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Day!

I know, I know. I'm in trouble. With you. I've been a bad, lazy blogging girl. I'm sorry. I really am. I seem to have lost all forms of motivation over the holiday break. Sometimes I look at blogging like going to the gym. It's great when you have a schedule, but if you miss one day, it's sooooo hard to get back to it. This is what has happened to me....with both the blog & the gym!

Honestly, I've been thinking a lot lately about taking a break from this whole blog thing. Don't panic - not yet. I love the way this blog has become like a personal digital scrapbook. I dream of printing out all of my Travel/Guatemala blogs and making it a coffee table book for us. If you know of a resource to make a book from a blog without having to copy and paste every single post into a word document, please please please let me know. My original idea was to end this blog upon our return from Guatemala and begin a new one. And actually that still is my plan. It's that whole motivation thing that's getting in the way. Mostly the it's the physical layout of the blog that is holding me back. What should it look like? How should I structure it? And the worst.....what will I name it? Such big decisions. And I'm a terrible decision maker. Not like I make bad decisions - more like I just can't ever seem to pull the trigger. Ugh. I'd love to hear your opinions on the matter. Maybe they'll give me some motivation.

More for my sake than yours, I'm posing a list of "to-do" items for myself in 2011. Mostly things that have crossed my mind and I have aspired to do, but then never pulled the trigger. These days I seem to be overwhelmed by projects with the move & now fixing up the house. It's killing me. I really want to accomplish these things and hope to try me hardest to do so. I really really hope I can do it.

Krista's 2011 To Do List

1. Finalize & print out our Guatemala photo books

2. Create a new blog

3. Find someone to make our wedding album......after 6.5 years! Oh my!

4. Send in our extra wedding photos to make a Together Book
5. Dedicate myself to learning Photoshop

6. Organize design ideas into binders
7. Create an Etsy shop with my mom

8. Remake & print a few photo books (like our honeymoon & big vacations) that I lost when our hard drive crashed.....if there is any time left over!

What do you think? Doable? I really hope so.


Anyway, on to something more interesting for you. Our snow day! I realize I skipped right over the holidays and still owe you some "after" photos of the house progress. How about I dedicate myself to catching up over the next week or two? And you have my word that I will actually do it and not disappear again!

So all weekend we've been hearing about is the impending storm. Well as of 11:30 pm last night when we went to bed, there was not a flake in the sky, but schools were already being canceled. I know, I know.....we are so not in Colorado (or Pennsylvania) anymore! This morning though when we woke up it was like a winter wonderland with fresh powder covering everything! Of course Mia was thrilled (oops you haven't heard about her first encounter with snow yet - she loves it), so we hit the streets to play for a while, all three of us! Ben had to work from home due to the snow. I on the other hand did go into work but only stayed for an hour and then we closed up the store. In that hour we had 3 customers and negative sales! On the way home I stopped to pick up the supplies for our afternoon project. How could we let some extra free time pass without checking another project off our list.

Take a look at how we did our snow day right!

Um, a giant hole in the mudroom wall on the snowiest day of the year?

Nope! A doggie door!


A paint fight on our freshly painted living room walls?
Yep....sort of. I hate it, so I'm repainting it a cool white/gray instead of the too yellow white.
(And that's our new desk turned faux built-in that was delivered Sunday)


A personal chef in our very own kitchen?
I wish! Instead I made the most delicious tomato bisque soup ever.

(Thanks to The Brasserie Fireside Restaurant Jean!)

Here's to hoping there will be a Snow Day Part II!

No comments: